Monday, May 18, 2009

I peed my pants

I told you I have friends from Craig's List that I run with, right? Very early in our running meet ups, I peed my pants. This is how it all went down...


First, you should know that 3 of them are much faster than me, but are good sports and make me finish. I love that part. Early in our running, they were kicking my butt with an 11 minute mile (2.5 of them, actually), and we sprinted up a hill for the last tenth mile. Note: I needed to go to the ladies room since mile 1.


So, here we all are, the competitive nature in me keeping me going, and I realize while I'm sprinting that I must pee, NOW. I start walking about 30 feet before everyone else with the claim "I'm done, we went the 2. 5 miles, you suckers keep running if you want..." It was all a ploy.


I begin to panic. Which is worse? Your very new friends you met on the Internet seeing you let out a big pee in your pants, or squatting in a very nice neighborhood on a stranger's lawn and your very new friends possibly seeing your who-ha? I couldn't decide. Tears began to well up as I froze, standing, twisting my legs around each other, hand in my crotch holding in the pee. As I looked up to heaven, clenching EVERY muscle in my already exhausted body, a miracle happened: Only a little pee came out. But pee, none the less. I said my goodbyes quickly and headed home to shower/change and wash my pee pants.


So, I thank God for that little miracle when I peed my pants by no one could see. I still have my new friends, and they agree that this 3rd option was the way to go.

2 comments:

  1. How has nobody commented on this blog post??? It makes no sense. ANYWAY, freakin' hysterical.. and did you know that I've let Leah and Sara listen to your voicemail and we all cried laughing so hard. It's one for the books no doubt. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. @laura....i'm wondering the same thing!!!! hahahahah....i was ROLLING.

    and the only reason I can laugh? it's happened to me. Very first cross country meet in high school. oh yes. wow.

    ReplyDelete